- 1 How much does a Timberline roof cost?
- 2 Can you roof over Timberline shingles?
- 3 How long does a Timberline roof last?
- 4 Is Timberline HDZ more expensive than HD?
- 5 What is the best Timberline shingle?
- 6 Is it better to remove old shingles?
- 7 What’s the tie down of a stick built roof?
- 8 How long is the warranty for GAF roofing system?
- 9 What’s the maximum wind speed coverage for GAF shingles?
- 10 What kind of GAF shingles are covered by warranty?
- 11 How much does it cost to replace asphalt shingle roof?
- 12 What kind of warranty do I need for new roof?
- 13 How is the cost of a roof replacement determined?
- 14 What kind of shingles do I need for a GAF roof?
How much does a Timberline roof cost?
GAF Timberline roofing shingles cost around $3 to $5 per square foot installed ($6,000 to $10,000). GAF Designer shingles cost roughly $4 to $6 per square foot installed ($8,000 to $12,000).
Can you roof over Timberline shingles?
Yes, GAF shingles can be installed over existing strip shingles, T-lock shingles, wood shingles, laminated shingles, and other asphalt premium shingles.
How long does a Timberline roof last?
Usually, they can last around 30 years if properly placed and maintained. However, due to sudden weather changes, they won’t even last to even 20 years. You must select roof shingles that are durable and purely made by the roof experts.
Is Timberline HDZ more expensive than HD?
Timberline HDZ Shingles HDZ shingles will probably cost you more than their HD counterparts, but that money will not be wasted. HDZ shingles also have the highest level of fire resistance, and a very high level of wind resistance as well. In fact, their wind warranty has no wind speed limitation.
What is the best Timberline shingle?
GAF’s Timberline® series has the best-selling shingles in North America, but its premium collection is on another level. Both durable and gorgeous, every product in GAF’s deluxe selection is a luxury you can afford. The ultimate choice for a rugged wood-shake look, it features astounding depth and dimension.
Is it better to remove old shingles?
While a repair job can often be more convenient and somewhat more cost-efficient, placing new shingles over old ones is never a good idea. Whether repairing one section of roof, or a replacing a whole one, it’s always best to pull up the old shingles before putting down the new ones.
What’s the tie down of a stick built roof?
the tie-down of timber framed (including stick-built and truss framed) sheet metal clad residential roofs. A question and answers format is provided to address common queries, misunderstandings and non-compliances to assist builders, building surveyors, designers, inspectors and other relevant stakeholders within the building industry. Background
How long is the warranty for GAF roofing system?
The System Plus Limited Warranty provides all of the same coverage available in the GAF Roofing System Limited Warranty, but the Smart Choice Protection Period is extended from 10 years to 50 years, and tear-off is included (when necessary).
What’s the maximum wind speed coverage for GAF shingles?
Your GAF Ridge Cap Shingles will be covered up to the maximum wind speed above ONLY If your ridge cap shingles are installed in strict accordance with the “Maximum Wind Speed Coverage Under Ltd. Warranty” section of the applicable ridge cap shingle application instructions. Maximum Wind Speed Coverage without Special Installation is 110mph. None!
What kind of GAF shingles are covered by warranty?
* GAF Accessories covered under this limited warranty include: GAF Ridge Cap Shingles, GAF Starter Strip Shingles, GAF Leak Barrier Products, GAF Roof Deck Protection Products, and GAF Cobra Ventilation Products. This limited warranty does not cover low-slope membranes, Master Flow Ventilation Products, or ShingleMatch Roof Accessory Paint.
How much does it cost to replace asphalt shingle roof?
Straight off the bat: It needs to be stated that not all roofs are made the same and not all roofers charge the same prices. That said, on average, most contractors will charge between $3.50 and $5.50 per square foot or $350 to $550 per square for their asphalt shingle roof replacement services.
What kind of warranty do I need for new roof?
It should also include the installation of new underlayment such as the 30-pound roofing felt, chimney re-flashing, and ice-and-water shield at the eaves and valleys of the roof, as required by the local building code. The quote should also include a 5 or 10-year workmanship warranty. Need a Roofer? Get 4 Free Quotes From Local Pros:
How is the cost of a roof replacement determined?
All prices are based on national average roof replacement costs in the US, in conjunction with regional pricing data from roofing contractors we’ve surveyed.
What kind of shingles do I need for a GAF roof?
ROOF SLOPE: GAF shingles must be installed on slopes of 2:12 or greater. ROOF DECK: Use minimum 3/8” (10 mm) plywood or OSB decking as recommended by APA-The Engineered Wood Assn. Wood decks must be