How do you satisfy a Judgement in PA?

How do you satisfy a Judgement in PA?

If a judgment debtor has paid in full, settled, or otherwise complied with a judgment rendered in a magisterial district court, anyone interested in the judgment may request the entry of satisfaction of the judgment by filing a written request in the office of the magisterial district judge who rendered the judgment.

What is a satisfaction payment?

What Is Satisfaction and Release? Satisfaction and release is the formal paperwork stating that a consumer has paid the full amount owed under a court judgment. A satisfaction and release proves that they have paid their debt and prevents creditors from trying to recover more money from them.

Can a plaintiff file a motion for summary judgment?

However, not every case will be appropriate for a plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment. You have to examine both the legal issues and what the facts are, or can reasonably be inferred as being, before deciding to put forward the time and effort into preparing such a motion.

What are the requirements for filing a motion to dismiss?

Requirements for Filing a Motion to Dismiss. Filing a Motion to Dismiss requires a written document be filed with the court, stating the reason the dismissal is requested. The written motion should be supported by evidence, such as police reports, affidavits, or other pertinent evidence.

Can a touch device motion for summary judgment?

Touch devices users can use touch and swipe gestures. In representing plaintiffs, a motion for summary judgment1 is dreaded. Months, if not years of preparing a case for trial could be all for naught at the end of this dispositive motion practice. But what if the tables were turned?

When to use a motion for summary adjudication?

The Rule provides for specific documents required in support of the motion as well as specifics regarding the separate statement of undisputed facts. (CRC 3.1350 (c), (d), (h).) Note that for a motion for summary adjudication, the notice must state the “affirmative defense” or “issues of duty” sought to be adjudicated. (CRC 3.1350 (b).)