- 1 Where can I donate my local food?
- 2 Where can I donate in Philadelphia?
- 3 How can I help the hungry in Philadelphia?
- 4 Where can you donate money?
- 5 Where can I donate frozen food in Philadelphia?
- 6 Where can I donate food to end hunger?
- 7 Where is the best place to donate food?
- 8 Who is eligible to pick up food in Philadelphia?
Where can I donate my local food?
Local food banks are a great place to give a donation right now
- FEEDING AMERICA.
- FOOD RESCUE US.
- MEALS ON WHEELS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA.
- FEED THE CHILDREN.
- NO KID HUNGRY.
Where can I donate in Philadelphia?
- Broad Street Ministry. 315 S.
- The Wardrobe. 1822 Spring Garden St., Philadelphia, Pa.
- Circle Thrift. 2233 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia Pa.
- Green Drop. 888-944-3767.
- Project HOME. Main office: 1515 Fairmount Ave., Philadelphia, Pa.
- Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission.
- Philly Aids Thrift.
How can I help the hungry in Philadelphia?
Check out organizations like Fooding Forward, Sunday Love Project, Broad Street Ministry, the Mitzvah Food Program, D.O.P.E. (Doing Our Part Eclectically), Welcome Bread, or Caring For Friends (to name a few!) to help package, serve or deliver food to hungry people across Philadelphia.
Where can you donate money?
The following meta-charities can be donated to using Effective Altruism Funds:
- 80,000 Hours.
- Animal Charity Evaluators.
- Center on Long-Term Risk.
- Centre for Effective Altruism.
- Charity Entrepreneurship.
- Forethought Foundation.
- Happier Lives Institute.
- Giving What We Can.
Where can I donate frozen food in Philadelphia?
We accept donations of produce, meat, dairy, dry goods and other frozen and refrigerated items at our warehouse locations. Check out our donation guidelines to find out if your product meets our food safety standards.
Where can I donate food to end hunger?
Whether you are a grocer, food industry partner, farmer or individual, you can help drive hunger from our communities today and end hunger for good. Which type of donor are you? We are happy to receive donations at our North Philadelphia warehouse located at 302 W Berks St, Philadelphia, PA 19122, by appointment only.
Where is the best place to donate food?
Check out our donation guidelines to find out if your product meets our food safety standards. We partner with restaurants, caterers, event hosts, food service providers and other retail locations to help reduce food waste and get more safe, high-quality food to our neighbors in need. Interested in donating?
Who is eligible to pick up food in Philadelphia?
Any resident is eligible. No ID or proof of income is required. Residents can up pick supplemental food for their household. Check the specific site information. Adults 60 and over are eligible at sites supported by the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA). Seniors must call ahead to reserve meals prior to pickup.